Cornerstone Food Bank Co-ordinator ( part time 12 hours per week ) Six month Fixed term contract
Cornerstone Food Bank is recruiting a part time co-ordinator to oversee the smooth running of the weekly food bank on the day of operation ( currently Friday afternoon) and to be the main point of contact for the users and volunteers.
Organise the operation of the food Bank on Fridays, attending when needed and be main point of contact for team leaders and their volunteers.
Liaise with Cornerstone staff to ensure Food Bank stock is stored in an efficient, safe, acceptable and secure manner.
Will have sole responsibility for the food bank phone and email.
Maintain and encourage good relationships with local businesses and donation points including thank you letters where appropriate.
Issue guidelines for the reception desk, ensuring accurate records are kept on attendees and cash received.
Ensure the Community Centre and Church are left clean and tidy at the end of the session and all cardboard and plastic is recycled.
Attend monthly zoom meetings with the Emergency food network .
Facilitate good relationships with the clients of the food bank and be able to signpost to advice services where possible.
Have a good overview of the operational working of the food bank in order to support and recruit volunteers and maintain and update guidelines for volunteers.
Oversee the stock and ensure it is kept at an adequate level including organising top up shopping where appropriate on a weekly basis (in addition to the regular delivery from Fareshare).
Liaise with Surplus Food offers and other food banks to pass on and collect surplus food offers .
Organise collections on a weekly basis from Olio, Fareshare Go and Neighbourly.
Organise monthly collections from Beauty banks and EFN hub.
Oversee food hygiene and promote good practice where volunteers are handling food products.
Oversee volunteer programme including contacting all prospective and new volunteers, manage current volunteers, ensuring paperwork is in place and offer any additional training as required .
Advise trustees of any funding opportunities for the food bank.
- self motivated
- good communication skills
- able to work under pressure and make quick decisions
- able to foster confidence within a team
- able to manage conflict resolution
- able to multi task
- passionate about making the world a better place and caring for our environment
- committed to Equalities and inclusive practice
- experienced in working within a team
- having a good level of IT knowledge using Microsoft Office or similar and a management database
- possessing a Food Hygiene certificate Level 2 (or willing to take training)
- having a good knowledge of Health and Safety
- comfortable around food products and knowledgeable about allergies and special dietary needs
- DBS checked and experienced at working with vulnerable people
- Good overall health as this role involves lifting and shifting
- driver and car owner preferable (or member of city car scheme)
- able to work from home four to six hours per week
- 12 hours per week to include 2 to 5 hours on a Friday, 3 hours shopping and 4 to 7 hours admin ( working at home) but with flexibility to change/ adapt as necessary.
- We are able to offer this fixed term contract at an hourly rate of £14 per hour plus holiday allowance.
- The Food bank co-ordinator will report to the Chair of the Trustees.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date 30th January.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 1st February